Many think that dental health is all about brushing, flossing, and getting occasional to the dentist. Many people reading this might be only visit the dentist when there is any dental issue. So, now it’s time you think about the life-changing option of whitening your teeth.
What can a brighter smile do?
Increase your confidence and self-esteem
Teeth whitening is not just dental cosmetics. The stellar smile you get from a set of clean and white teeth can offer you more confidence to socialize.
Feel and look younger
Sparkling white teeth can make you look young and beautiful. As you age, the teeth start getting yellowish. Even if you brush your teeth as per recommendation or follow the oral care routine, this will happen eventually. So, you can retain a youthful smile with teeth whitening.
What are the common reasons for teeth whitening?
The most common reasons our patients visit us for teeth whitening are:
- To make a first-good and lasting impression
- To have a flaunting smile
- Before the big event, as all eyes are on you!
- To get rid of stains and discolorations on the teeth.
What makes teeth stain?
Your teeth might get darker, yellowish, or severely stained over time due to various reasons:
- Consuming coffee, tea, some stain-causing juices regularly
- Improper hygiene
People who find these stains embarrassing and so tend to use over-the-counter teeth whitening options. If not used properly, these solutions can end up harming your teeth.
What are the different over-the-counter teeth whitening products?
Some teeth whitening products might work for you, while the others wouldn’t. So, it is essential to make the right choice.
- Whitening toothpaste is affordable but may take a long-time to show results. Overusing this toothpaste may lead to sensitive teeth.
- At-home teeth whitening gels use a stronger concentration of the whitening agent. If not used as per suggestions, they may do more harm than good, affecting your gums and teeth.
Should I go with professional teeth whitening?
Professional teeth whitening is the safest of all teeth whitening options. The dentist will make you wear a special tray adding the right amount of whitening gel to it. He uses a special light to activate the whitening agent. So, you can get the desired result in no time!
Contact Progressive Dental to learn more about teeth whitening. Schedule an appointment with our dentist by calling Dentist in Ann Arbor, MI at (734) 930-4022 or visiting our office at 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive Lobby A, Ann Arbor, MI 48105.