Pediatric dentistry is a wing of dentistry that treats dental problems in infants and children. Special care and attention are required for the dental checkup of children, for which pediatric dentists are trained. It is essential to provide good dental care from an early age as skimping them can cause severe dental problems that may even lead to tooth loss.
At Progressive Dental at Domino’s Farms, our expert dentists provide ample information to the parents regarding the good dental care and hygiene required for the proper development of teeth. Consistent care helps results in keeping away tooth emergencies in the future.
What Does a Pediatric Dentist Do?
A pediatric dentist has more knowledge regarding dental problems in children than other dentists. They meet with the parents to understand the child’s behavior towards dental health and to know their dental history. Alongside, they reduce the anxiety and fear children may have about the treatments.
Pediatric dentist attends to the requirements of each child and eases them through the procedures. Other than the dental exam, they also provide fluoride treatment to the children who may require it. Regular teeth cleaning services are also offered to children to steer them clear of cavities. Children who may have crooked or misaligned teeth can start their treatments early with pediatric dentists.
Benefits of Visiting a Pediatric Dentist
- Pediatric dentists help to detect early signs of cavities and tooth decay. The necessary treatment is provided with instructions for after-care to prevent the cavities from reappearing.
- Children may show clear signs of discomfort during teething. The eruption of teeth can irritate children, which a pediatric dentist can ease.
- A pediatric dentist helps to detect other diseases through the lesions and lumps that are visible in the mouth. They assess them to know more about the health condition the child may have and refer treatments accordingly.
- A pediatric dentist can suggest age-appropriate toothbrushes and fluoride toothpaste to help keep the teeth clean.
- They help to wean infants from their thumb-sucking habits through various techniques.
- A pediatric dentist provides teeth cleaning that helps to remove tartar, stains, and plaque from the teeth.
- They provide instructions regarding the food habits that could lessen the potential damage to the child’s teeth.
Visit Progressive Dental at Domino’s Farms in Ann Arbor, MI for a dental checkup for children. Call Dentist in Ann Arbor, MI at (734) 930-4022 and book an appointment to visit the dentistry to receive more knowledge about dental care for children.